Monday, September 14, 2009

Edmonton Fashion Week!

Thursday marks the official start of Edmonton Fashion Week, and the hype has sure been building. From model go-sees, and fittings, to the publication of EFW Magazine, it is clear lots of work has gone into ensuring that the week is a success. The Edmonton Journal will be sending me to all of the shows, and I will be providing some reviews and summaries of what happened each night. The Journal's website will have photo galleries and other articles pertaining to the ins and outs of Edmonton Fashion week. Check out this preview http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/Fall/1987476/story.html . I'm very excited for the week to start and to see what sorts of trends are brought forward by the featured designers.
Some of the things I'm really looking forward to:
  • Jason Matlo's new lower-priced line called Babe which will be shown on the final night of Edmonton Fashion Week Thursday September 24. After his impressive show in April during fashion week, I'm not expecting any sort of disappointments.
  • Make-up competitions. People always seem to forget that make-up, and beauty play a huge role in our daily lives, and often encourage what clothes we put on. I love seeing the eccentric make-up that if I ever tried to pull-off at school, I would presumably fail miserably.
  • Sessa Wearables. Tressa Heckbert and whatever team she works with have come up with some great concepts in the past. I'm excited to see what this show will bring.

For a complete calendar of events see http://www.edmontonfashionweek.com/ and don't forget to check out www.edmontonjournal.com/EFW every night during fashion week for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment